Just as humans need to have regular check ups, so do our adorable pets. Our annual wellness plans at Guilford College Animal Hospital allow you to have your pet checked, screened, and/or vaccinated regularly without the huge costs associated with one-off visits. Changes in your pet’s health can be subtle and slowly progress over time, going unnoticed until it’s too late. Regularly scheduled wellness visits will help prevent potential problems in the future or help put your mind at ease knowing your pet is happy and healthy.
What you should expect during your pet’s wellness visit
Routine Questions: Being with your pet day-in and day-out means you have the best insight into your pets health. We will ask you questions such as your pet’s exercise, breathing patterns, behavior, habits, patterns in bowel movement, lifestyle, and general overall health. Any little pieces of information that you have about your pet’s day-to-day routine will help in assessing the general wellness of your pet.
Physical Examination: This is where we will get the chance to observe your pet and make sure everything is fine. These are a few of the things that we will look for during the physical examination:
- How your pet walks and stands
- Whether your pet is alert to their surroundings
- General body conditions
- Check hair coat for excessive dryness/oiliness, dandruff, excessive shedding or abnormal patches of hair loss
- Check eyes for any redness, lumps or bumps on eyelids, and cloudiness
- Check ears for discharge and any other abnormalities
- Check breathing and heart
- Look for tartar build up, periodontal disease, broken teeth, excess saliva, ulcers in mouth, and other abnormalities
Vaccinations: Our wellness visits also include core vaccinations that can help your pet fight certain diseases, worms, rabies, and more. Different wellness plans include different levels of vaccinations and screenings.
We offer annual wellness plans with different levels of care based on price and the size and weight of the pet. Our annual plans start at a very competitive cost of $87 and go up from there. Contact our office to find out which wellness plan would be best for your pet and for pricing for each plan.